Eat The Gains’ healthy version of classic chicken alfredo uses protein-rich cashews instead of cream for a smooth, better-for-you sauce. Lean chicken adds more protein to the recipe, making you feel fuller for longer. It’s a great weekday dinner if you’re short on time because it’s ready in only 20 minutes.
Alfredo with Chicken and Broccoli
- 3 large turnips, peeled and with the ends removed
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, sliced into 1/2-inch slices 1 teaspoon avocado oil (1.27cm) ice cubes
- 6 mugs (500g) florets of broccoli
- season with salt and pepper to taste.
For the alfredo sauce,
- 2 tablespoons raw cashews Plus 1/2 cup (75g)
- 1 garlic head
- 2 tbsp coconut milk (full-fat)
- lemon juice, 2 1/2 tbsp.
- 2 tablespoons water + 1 cup (240ml)
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Turnips should be spiralized and placed aside.
To prepare the sauce, combine all of the ingredients in a high-powered blender and purée for 45 seconds, or until smooth and creamy.
Over medium heat, heat a large nonstick skillet. Allow 30 seconds for the avocado oil to heat up. Cook for 3–5 minutes, tossing regularly until chicken is browned; chicken does not need to be fully cooked at this point. Season with salt and pepper, then add the broccoli and cook for another 5 minutes. Cook for another 2–3 minutes with the turnip noodles.
Remove the pan from the heat and top with the sauce, mixing until thoroughly blended and warmed.
Serving Size: 1/5 recipe | Serves: 5
Calories: 365; Carbohydrate: 26g; Dietary Fiber: 7g; Sugar: 4g; Protein: 38g; Total Fat: 12g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Monounsaturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 314mg; Total Fat: 12g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Monounsaturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 314mg; Total Fat: 12g